AF-Line Heat Exchangers
Wide Gap Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers
Complementing AIC’s selection of plate thermal products is the AF-Line of wide gap, plate and frame heat exchangers. Built to handle the tough, the dirty, and the highly viscous mixtures found in wastewater, pulp & paper, and coarse fiber chemical processes, the AF-Line features plate gaps up to 20mm (0.8”) to ensure unrestricted media flow with minimal pressure drops. This versatile design incorporates wide heating plate channels with free flow patterned plates to enhance turbulent flow and thermal efficiency, while reducing particle obstructions and fouling of the heat exchanger.
Each wide gap AF-Line plate and frame heat exchanger is customized to suit the application and media-type.
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas and Bioethanol industry
- Wastewater industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Mining industry
Maximum Working Parameters
- Standard Working temperature up to 200 °C (392 °F)
- Standard Working pressure up to 10 bar (145psi)
- Gaskets : EPDM/NBR/VITON Gaskets
- Plates : SS304 /SS316 /Titanium/ SMO /Hastelloy
- Frame: Carbon Steel
Unrestricted media flow through wide gap, free flow plate channels for optimal performance in challenging environments.
- Single Wall Plates with height up to 3.5m (11.5ft).
- Plate Gaps from 5 mm to 20 mm (0.2” to 0.8″).
- Studded/Flanged connections up to 16”.
- Deep, wide channels with limited contact points allow unhindered flow for hard-to-treat media, extending uninterrupted operation times, and ensuring efficient product performance.
- Low maintenance required, regardless of media viscosity, fouling tendency, or particle contents.