Cobrex Double Wall Heat Exchanger
Shell and Tube Copper Heat Exchanger
Cobrex is a straight, shell and double wall tube, heat exchanger with visual leak detection. A one-pass vertical design, it is constructed entirely of pure copper with internally corrugated tubes, and closely spaced directional baffles, for maximum heat transfer.
Cobrex is an ideal solution for tankless instantaneous, and semi-instantaneous, hot water generation.
Features and Benefits
- Double wall tubes and double tubesheet with visual leak detection minimize the risk of cross contamination
- Option of Victaulic, Flange, or NPT connections
- Vertical mounting, compact footprint, and lightweight design save space , and reduce time and overall cost of installation
- Easily connected in parallel or series arrangements to extend system capacity
- 100% copper welded construction offers biofouling resistance and antimicrobial properties, in addition to high thermal conductivity for efficient performance
- Counterflow one-pass design, with internally grooved tubes and directional baffles, enhances turbulent flow and increases heat transfer rate
Flange or Groove/ Weld connections
Unique Double Wall System
Double wall tube with visual leak detection offers a higher degree of safety in the event of tube wall breach.
- Steam condenser
- Domestic water heating by steam or boiler water
- Instantaneous hot water heater
- HVAC systems
- Solar thermal water systems
The product information and literature on this website are intended as a guideline for general purposes only. Models, dimensions, and operational parameters are subject to change at AIC's discretion. Contact AIC directly for updated design specifications.
Cobrex Technical Product Specifications
|Cobrex 30||Cobrex 60|
|Standard Design Parameters|
|Temperature||176 °C||350 °F||120 °C||250 °F|
|Pressure||11 bar||160 psi||10 bar||150 psi|
Materials of Construction
Shell, Tubes, Heads, Victaulic Nozzles: Copper
Victaulic Nozzles: Copper
Flanges: Stainless Steel
NPT Connections: Stainless Steel or BrassShell, Tubes, Heads : Copper Victaulic Nozzles : Copper Flanges,: Stainless Steel NPT Connections: Stainless Steel or Brass