SPIRAL Heat Exchangers
AIC Spiral Heat Exchangers are custom crafted solution to the most challenging, high-viscosity media . Unique circular chamber design with two spiral channels is an ultimate solution for sludges, slurries, waste water, wood pulps, high viscosity hydrocarbons, and even fouling liquids that contain fibers and solids.
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Biogas industry
- Wastewater industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Heavy industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry
Maximum Working Parameters
- Standard Working temperature up to 200 °C (392 °F)
- Standard Working pressure up to 10 bar (145 psi) – higher pressure rating optional
- Shell : Carbon Steel
- Spiral Components : Carbon Steel , Stainless Steel
Concentric Spiral Plate Coils
The core of spiral heat exchangers is the concentric spiral plate coils nested in the shell. The coils form two completely separated channels with a countercurrent flow arrangement that allows the heat exchanger to achieve very close temperature approaches.
- A. Standard spacing channels opetion for clean fluids – High heat transfer rate
- B. Free flow channels option for dirty media – Prevent clogging
- Single-channel design that generates high shear rates which contribute to a self-cleaning effect, preventing clogging of the unit. Spiral heat exchangers are the perfect solution for challenging, high-viscosity media.
- The channel size is selected to fit the flow and qualities of the media. The many variations in diameters and widths of the spiral coil allow for many different combinations, which mean that we can create the optimal solution for every duty.
- Designed to handle a very aggressive temperature program and with a wide range of materials and plate thicknesses available, we customize each spiral heat exchanger to match the requirements of any application.
- Limited need for maintenance and cleaning ensures extended operational uptime. If the need for cleaning arises due to particularly difficult media, the hinged covers provide easy access to the entire heat transfer surface.
- Very compact solutions, our spiral heat exchangers have minimal space requirements. Despite their small stature, the long, curved flow paths allow for very high heat transfer coefficients up to twice as high as their shell and tube counterparts.